Here's how to make a payment once your Online Resident Portal (Rent Cafe) account is set up:
- Go to www.SteveBrownApts.com and click on “Resident Portal” in the right hand sidebar.
- Enter your username and password and click the Login button.
- Choose “Make Payments” from the icon menu.
If you’re new to our online payment system you’ll be prompted to set up a Payment Account before moving forward. Follow the steps on the next page to add your checking, savings or credit account.
Once your bank account is entered you’ll choose “Make A One-Time Payment” or “Set Up Automatic Recurring Payment”. The steps for each method are outlined on the next page.
-- More Detailed Information --
Remember: You can always pay rent even if your balance due is showing as zero. For instance, if you want to pay rent on the 26th instead of the 1st, simply enter the amount you want to pay in the “Extra Payment Amount” box.
How to add a bank account
- Enter a name for the account, your financial institution’s routing number, the account number, and select either “Checking Account” or “Savings Account” from the drop down menu. Verify and click “Save”.
- The newly-associated account should now be listed under the “Bank Accounts” section of the “Payment Accounts” tab. Note that you can edit or delete an account at any time.
How to add a credit card (Visa, Mastercard or Discover Card only)
Please note that credit cards cannot be used for automatic, recurring monthly payments. If you wish to pay monthly by credit card, it will have to be done manually as one-time payments.
- To add a credit card for making one-time payments, click the “Add Credit Card” button under the “Payment Accounts” tab.
- The credit card payment form will open in a new browser window (make sure to allow the pop-up).
- Complete the form fields with accurate billing information for the card you wish to use. You will be asked whether you’d like to save the card for future use.
How to make a one-time payment
One-time payments may be made with either a checking or credit card account.
- Any previously-stored payment accounts or credit cards will be available from the “Select Payment Account” drop-down menu. Select an existing account, or add a new banking or credit card account and confirm the payment amount. Click “Next.”
- Confirm the payment amount, read and agree to the terms and conditions, and click “Submit Payment.”
- A confirmation receipt will generate for printing and you will also receive a confirmation email.
How to set up automatic recurring payments
Automatic, recurring payments may only be set up using a checking or savings account. Monthly rent and any recurring fees/charges for your apartment are listed under the “Monthly Charge Description” and “Amount” columns.
- Any previously-stored payment accounts or credit cards will be available from the “Select your Auto-Pay Account” drop-down menu. Select an existing account, or add a new banking or credit card account and confirm the payment amount. Click “Next.”
- Confirm and/or edit the amount you would like automatically charged to your selected banking account and click “Next.” Make sure to review each individual charge.
- Confirm each payment amount and check the box confirming you have read and accept the “Terms and Conditions.” Click “Setup Monthly Payment” to submit your auto-pay.
- Charges will be applied to your account on a monthly basis on the date your rental installments are due.
Additional Information about Automatic Monthly Payments
- Recurring payments may not be canceled or changed on the day that rent is due.
- For your convenience, when your lease ends, your recurring payments will automatically stop.
- If you choose to renew your lease, please review your Automatic Recurring Payment info prior to the start of your new lease to confirm that payment information is correct and to update payment amounts.